TERMS AND USER AGREEMENT
Please take a few minutes to read over the Terms and User Agreement (hereafter, “Agreement”) below. Note: You are entering into a legally binding agreement.
Date of latest revision: November 3, 2017.
- When you use our Services, you are entering into a legal agreement and you agree to all of these terms.
- You're eligible to enter into this Agreement and you are at least our “Minimum Age.”
- You'll keep your password secure.
- You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow the law.
- You’ve agreed that we’ll provide you important notices using our website, mobile apps, and email.
- You agree certain additional information can be shared with us.
- If the contact information you provide isn't up to date, you may miss out on these notices.
- You are solely responsible for your access to, use of and/or reliance on any user content.
- We do not control, are not responsible for and make no representations or warranties with respect to any user or user conduct.
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with or reliance on any user or user conduct.
- You own all of the content, feedback, and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to it.
- We'll honor the preferences you make about who gets to see your information and content.
- You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, including information concerning your service and health conditions, and that your profile will be truthful.
- We may change or discontinue any of our Services. We can't promise to store or keep showing any information and content you've posted.
- When you see or use others' content and information posted on our Services, it's at your own risk.
- Third parties may offer their own products and services through this site, and we aren't responsible for those third-party activities.
- We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Services.
- We're providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
- This Agreement is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
- This Agreement includes the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
- We can each end this Agreement anytime we want.
- In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, it will take place in Virginia courts, applying Virginia law.
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will get your consent if we want to give others the right to publish your posts beyond the Service. However, other Users and/or Visitors may access and share your content and information, consistent with your settings and degree of connection with them.
- While we may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Users and/or Visitors' rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
- Sections 5, 7 and 8 of this Agreement;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
7. Dispute Resolution You agree that the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, excluding its conflict of laws, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Agreement and/or the Services. We both agree that all of these claims can only be litigated in the federal or state courts of Virginia and we each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts. 8. General Terms Here are some important details about how to read the Agreement. If a court with authority over this Agreement finds any part of it not enforceable, you and us agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and us agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Agreement. To the extent allowed by law, the English version of this Agreement is binding and other translations are for convenience only. This Agreement (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services. If we don't act to enforce a breach of this Agreement, that does not mean that NAVSO has waived its right to enforce this Agreement. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or your account or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that NAVSO may assign this Agreement to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement. We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement and will provide you notice if we do and we agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you don't agree to these changes, you must stop using the Services. You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 11. 9. Operation Service Dog Access “Golden Rules.” 9.1. You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile;
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
9.2. You agree that you will not:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- Add content that is not intended for, or inaccurate for, a designated field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by NAVSO);
- Use an image that is not your own;
- Create a false identity on this Service site;
- Misrepresent your current or previous positions and qualifications;
- Misrepresent your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym;
- Create an Applicant profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
- Use or attempt to use another's account;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person;
- Send spam or other unwelcomed communications to others;
- Copy profiles and information of others through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- Act in an unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable manner;
- Disclose information that you do not have the right to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of NAVSO, including, without limitation, using the word “NAVSO”, Operation Service Dog Access or our associated logos in any business name, email, or URL except as approved by NAVSO in writing;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation unauthorized by NAVSO;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or post transmitted through the Services;
- Copy or use the information, content or data of others available on the Services (except as expressly authorized);
- Copy or use the information, content or data on Operation Service Dog Access in connection with a competitive service (as determined by NAVSO);
- Copy, modify or create derivative works of NAVSO, the Services or any related technology (except as expressly authorized by NAVSO);
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology, or any part thereof;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by NAVSO or Operation Service Dog Access without our express written consent (e.g., representing yourself as an employee of NAVSO);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Services or related any information or data;
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize a NAVSO Service, without NAVSO's consent;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service;
- Remove, cover or obscure any advertisement included on the Services;
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information obtained from this Service without the consent of NAVSO;
- Share or disclose information of others without their express consent;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” the Services or any related data or information;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services' availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by NAVSO;
- Override any security feature of the Services, and/or;
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms);
10. Content Complaints We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Users be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We provide a policy and process for complaints concerning content posted by our Users. 11. Contact Us If you want to send us notices or service of process, please contact us by mail at: NAVSO Incorporated C/O Simms Showers, LLP 305 Harrison St., 3rd Floor Leesburg, VA 20175